Steal shield is an anti theft device that deters theft of light and medium weight trailers using a standard 1 7/8, 2, or 2 5/16 inch lever lock hitch system. Once in place, the trailer is rendered virtually inoperable, protecting the trailer and its contents.
The Steal Shield is a heavy duty steel sleeve that is sealed at one end and open at the other. The sleeve has slots on each side at the open end that a flat metal locking bar slides through. The sleeve slides over the trailer hitch and the locking bar slides through the slots in the sleeve, which places the locking bar behind the hitch lever locking device.
Once in place, the locking bar is held in place by means of a self contained lock and pin mechanism, thus making the trailer virtually inoperable and immovable, deterring the theft of the trailer and contents. Trying to remove the Steal Shield by force would result in damage to the trailer hitch that would render the hitch assembly inoperable.
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Durable powder coated paint
- One size fits all on most standard size lever lock hitches
- Protects trailer hitch from damage from being struck by another vehicle or being dropped on the ground
- Protects trailer hitch from the elements such as rain snow and dirt
- Competitively priced
- Most light and medium duty trailers using lever lock hitches
- Recreational, boats, snowmobiles, personal water craft, motorcycles, camping trailers, etc.
- Utility trailers such as used for the home
- Construction trailers used in construction, trade as well as welders, air compressors, tar trailers, etc.
- Moving industry trailers rented from moving companies such as Hertz, Allied, U-Haul, etc.